Last updated: 12/6/2020
Welcome to Jopanda
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and other co- registrations (e.g. social media logins), subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services;
- the Information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion via our Website, provide reviews, testimonials or feedback on our Website;
- Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our Website;
- a record of correspondence if you contact us;
- general, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
- if you download or use our mobile application, we may have access to details about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
- your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us; and
- any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Website.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use Information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalised content;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and another entity using our Website or between you and us;
- to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our Website;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Website.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- Other Businesses. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g. logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.). We may involve other businesses in your transactions, who may store your Information in a digital wallet to make your use of our Services more efficient.
You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. We may also receive Information from these business (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). By using our Website, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
- Marketing and Promotional Offers. We may also use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and enhance your experience with Jopanda, service messages, new features, enhancements, special offers and events of interest. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone, in-app messages and news feed cards.
We may permit third parties to use your Information. For example, we may provide advertisers Information to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target and to enable us to comply with our commitments to our advertisers (e.g. by displaying their advertisements to a target audience).
Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities, including competitions and promotions. For example, if you win a competition, you may be asked to provide further personal data to establish your eligibility and provide you with the prize. This Information may be collected by us or our co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. Note that you should review such third parties’ privacy policies to see how they may use any information that they collect.
- Protection of Our Website and Others. We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE APPLY
It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your devices used to access our Services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR INFORMATION?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily at the Website include:
- up-to-date information regarding recent orders;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences);
- payment settings (including credit card information)
You can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your customer communication preferences, through the unsubscribe link within the email communication.
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our website and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilize all aspects of the website. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Website works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our website or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience.
We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes.